How Do I File an Injury Claim After an Accident?
Wisconsin Personal Injury Lawyers Seek Full Compensation for Victims
A serious injury gives you plenty of things to worry about; however, the quality of your Wisconsin personal injury lawyers should not be one of them. While you are working to regain your health and provide for your family, you should be confident that your personal injury lawyers are fully engaged and diligently working on your case. Insurance companies have legal teams working to protect their interests and their profits. Therefore, no matter what kind of accident caused your injuries, you should always consult with a lawyer before filing a claim.
At Martin Law Office, S.C., we are dedicated to getting the highest possible settlement or verdict that compensates you for the totality of your suffering. However, that is a long-term goal for your personal injury claim. We also want to help immediately by giving you peace of mind knowing that our Wisconsin personal injury lawyers are here for you. We will listen to your story with compassion and give you candid advice about your claim. Whether you or a loved one sustained injuries due to an auto accident, medical malpractice, defective product, or any other reason, we are here to help.
What Are Reasons for Filing a Personal Injury Claim with Wisconsin Personal Injury Lawyers?
If someone else causes you financial or physical injury, then you may be able to file a personal injury claim. Usually, you must demonstrate that the at-fault party was negligent in some way, causing the accident or injury. However, in certain cases, such as product liability claims, this is not always necessary.
At Martin Law Office, S.C., our Wisconsin personal injury lawyers have experience with a wide range of accident claims. We can provide high-quality legal representation for personal injuries resulting from:
- Auto Accidents Motor vehicle collisions are the leading cause of serious injuries in Wisconsin. If you were injured in an auto accident, you need strong legal representation. Call our Oak Creek car accident attorneys today for a free, no-obligation review of your case.
- Motorcycle Motorcycle riders face unique challenges in the personal injury claims process. At Martin Law Office, S.C., our Oak Creek motorcycle accident lawyers have extensive experience representing injured riders.
- Truck Accidents Large trucking companies must operate safely. When tractor-trailer accidents happen, the consequences can be devastating, even deadly. Contact our Wisconsin truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation.
- Bike Accidents Bicyclists have every right to the road in Wisconsin. If you were injured in a bike accident, you deserve compensation for the full extent of your losses. Call our Oak Creek, WI bike accident lawyers today for a free review of your case.
- Boating Accidents Wisconsin is a great state for boating. As enjoyable as boating can be, it can also be extremely dangerous if proper safety precautions are not taken. If you were hurt on a private boat or commercial boat, call our law firm for immediate assistance.
- Medical Malpractice Doctors and hospitals have a duty to provide high-quality care to patients. If you or someone you know suffered harm because of medical malpractice, our law firm can help.
- Nursing Home Abuse Wisconsin law and federal law requires nursing homes and assisted living centers to provide a safe, healthy environment for vulnerable residents. If your loved one suffered harm in a nursing home in the Oak Creek area, we can help.
- Slip and Fall Accidents Were you injured due to a slip and fall accident on another person’s property? If so, you need immediate help. Call our Oak Creek premises liability lawyers right away for a free consultation
- Dog Bite Injuries A dog has the potential to be extremely dangerous if proper precautions are not taken. Call our Wisconsin dog bite injury attorneys today for a free, no-obligation review of your case.
- Products Liability Product manufacturers, product distributors, and commercial retailers owe legal responsibilities to consumers. Dangerous and defective products should not make it onto the market. If you or your child was harmed by a dangerous product, professional help is available. Call our Oak Creek, WI defective product lawyers today for free guidance and support.
We Are Ready to Investigate Your Personal Injury Case
At Martin Law Office, S.C., our attorneys build your case with reliable data, including medical data. Whether you need an Oak Creek attorney, Franklin attorney, South Milwaukee attorney, Greenfield attorney, or an attorney anywhere in Wisconsin, we can help.
The personal injury attorneys at Martin Law Office, S.C. draw on their experience in both law and medicine to fully understand the extent of your injuries. Our aptitude for science allows us to engage experts in various fields, including accident reconstruction. This allows us to determine the exact cause or causes of your injuries, and the fault of the party in question. Finally, we are able to skillfully communicate to a judge and jury in a manner that is clear and compelling. Though a trial is not always necessary, our expertise and results at trial give us leverage in settlement negotiations.
What Damages Can I Recover Through a Personal Injury Claim?
A serious accident can leave you in a financially precarious position. You need the maximum available financial compensation to support yourself and your family. At Martin Law Office, S.C., our first duty is sincere concern. Therefore, if your injuries prevent you from coming to us, then we come to your home or hospital room.
We listen patiently, gather all the pertinent facts and offer our best assessment of your case. As we get to know your situation, we want you to be confident of our genuine desire to deliver justice for you and deter similar accidents that might affect others. We use maximum effort, knowledge, and resources in order to obtain fair and reasonable compensation for you, including:
- Medical Bills. You should not have to pay to treat injuries that someone else caused. Therefore, you may be able to recover the cost of your hospital and medical bills through a personal injury claim.
- Lost Wages. If your injuries prevent you from returning to work, then you may be able to claim your lost income.
- Lost Future Earnings. If your injuries are permanent, then the law may entitle you to recover future lost income as well.
- Rehabilitation Costs. You may require extensive physical or vocational rehabilitation; a personal injury claim can help you afford this care.
- Future Medical Expenses. If you require ongoing treatment or care, then you may be able to claim these costs.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses and Mileage. You may be able to recover any injury-related expenses; this includes the expense of traveling to medical appointments and other out-of-pocket costs.
- Pain and Suffering: You may have endured serious physical pain and emotional suffering during and after your accident. Pain and suffering is non-economic damage that should be considered as part of a personal injury settlement or verdict.
- Costs of Home Modifications to Accommodate Disabilities. If you must modify your home or require specialized medical equipment, then these costs may be covered.
- Permanent Disfigurement, Disability, or Impairment: A catastrophic accident could leave you dealing with permanent scarring, long-term disability, or a life-long impairment. These non-economic damages must be compensated. Our Oak Creek, WI personal injury attorneys fight hard to get our clients the maximum compensation for non-economic losses.
- Punitive Damages, in some cases. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish the at-fault party for gross negligence or intentional acts. Therefore, these may be awarded only in the most serious cases.
You Can Trust the Wisconsin Personal Injury Lawyers at Martin Law Office
The immediate aftermath of a serious accident is stressful and overwhelming. You do not have to go through such a difficult time alone. At Martin Law Office, S.C., we are a premier personal injury firm located right in your neighborhood. When you reach out to our Oak Creek law office, you will have an opportunity to consult with a Wisconsin personal injury attorney who will:
- Listen to your story and answer your questions
- Investigate the accident, gathering medical records and other evidence
- Handle all paperwork and correspondence with insurers
- Build a personalized legal strategy focused on getting you the maximum compensation
Our Wisconsin personal injury law firm offers free consultations and always accepts cases on a contingency basis. This means that we do not charge an upfront fee for our services; we also do not get paid unless and until we resolve your case to your satisfaction. Furthermore, we advance any costs associated with your claim and only get reimbursed those costs if we make a recovery on your behalf. If your case is unsuccessful for any reason, then you owe us nothing.
Call Our Oak Creek, WI Personal Injury Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Martin Law Office, S.C., our Wisconsin personal injury attorneys are aggressive, solutions-driven advocates for victims and their families. You do not have to go up against big corporations or large insurance companies alone. We will put in the time and resources to handle your legal case the right way. To schedule a free consultation, call us at 414-856-4010 or contact us online. With an office in Oak Creek, we provide personal injury law services throughout Southern Wisconsin, including Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Waukesha, Brookfield, West Allis, South Milwaukee, and Franklin.