What is the Latest Toyota Recall?
We expect the products we buy and consume to be safe for our use and consumption. Unfortunately, that is not always the case and sometimes products pose potential risks for our health or safety. When a potential hazard with a product becomes known, it is company for the company that makes the product to issue a recall to help warn consumers with the potential risks associated with a product. One type of product that is frequently the subject of recalls is automobiles. Recently, Toyota issued a recall for some its vehicles.
The recall comes after the discovery that there is a problem with the fuel pumps, which can cause them to fail. When the fuel pumps fail, it can cause the engines of the vehicles to stall. When an engine stalls, it can increase the risk of the vehicle being involved in an accident. The recall includes almost 700,000 of its vehicles. The vehicles included in the recall are:
- 2018 and 2019 Lexus LS 500, LC 500, RC 350, RC 300, GS 350, IS 300, ES 350, LX 570, GX 460 and RX 350 models
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota 4Runner
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota Camry
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota Highlander
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota Land Cruiser
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota Sequoia
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota Sienna
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota Tacoma
- 2018 and 2019 Toyota Tundra
The company has not yet finalized its plan for repairing the problematic fuel pumps. Toyota will continue to work on a developing a plan to repair the vehicles impacted by the recall. The company plans to begin notifying owners of the recalled vehicles by mail in mid-March.