December 30 , 2019 | Safe Driving
New Year’s Eve is almost here. New Year’s Eve is often celebrated with gatherings and get togethers of family, friends and other loved ones. Oftentimes these holiday celebrations include alcohol. Because many people will be out celebrating the holiday, driving on New Year’s Eve and the early hours of New Year’s Day requires extra caution. Furthermore, drinking and driving is a troubling and dangerous driving behavior, which may be occurring during these hours.
The following are some tips to help keep you and your passengers safe while driving on New Year’s Eve and New Years Day:
- If you plan on drinking, do not plan on driving. Driving while under the influence increases the risk of being involved in a car accident. Car accidents can cause property damage, serious injuries and even fatalities. If you are planning to drink, you should plan ahead and arrange for a designated driver or to use a public transportation service.
- Keep an eye on the weather. New Year’s Eve occurs during the winter, which means that weather conditions can be adverse. Therefore, it is necessary that you prepare and plan for the weather condition when arranging your holiday festivities.
- Drive at a safe speed. It is important that you adhere to the speed limit and travel at a speed safe for the weather conditions.
- Do not drive distracted. Make sure that your full attention is on the roadway by not using your cell phone or engaging in other activities that will take your attention away from the roadway. By ensuring that your full attention is on the roadway you can help prevent accidents.
- Wear your seatbelt. Seatbelts help to prevent injuries in the case of an accident.
By following these tips, you can help keep the roadways safe for yourself and others this New Year’s. Martin Law Office wishes everyone a happy and safe New Year’s!