Pedestrian Struck by Bus in Milwaukee
As the weather gets warmer, there will be an increasing of pedestrians on the sidewalks and roadways. A pedestrian is considered to be anyone that is on is traveling on foot, in a wheelchair or with another mobility device to help overcome a disability. Unfortunately, pedestrians are some of the most at risk on the roadways. When an accident occurs between some on foot or in a wheelchair and a motor vehicle, the person on foot or in the wheelchair is very likely to get the worst of it. Recently, an accident occur in Milwaukee in which a bus struck a pedestrian.
The accident occurred on Friday, June 8 around 7:00 in the morning. The accident happened near the intersection of 2nd and Michigan. Law enforcement officials stated that a woman was hit by a bus ans sustained serous injuries. She was transported to the local hospital where she is receiving care for he injuries. Law enforcement officials have not release any further details about the accident.
Both pedestrians and drivers alike need to be careful to help keep themselves and others safe on the roadways. The following are some pedestrian safety tips:
- If you are a pedestrian try to ensure that you will be easily visible to drivers. Some ways that this can be done is by wearing bright colored clothing, carrying a flashlight if you are walking at night or wearing reflective materials.
- Walk on the sidewalk if possible.
- Cross the street at the crosswalk or intersection if possible.
- Don’t assume that drivers will stop. Try to make eye contact with the driver of the vehicle before crossing.
- Make sure you look both ways before crossing the street.
- Before crossing the street, make sure that you are standing in an area that makes you visible to drivers.
By focusing on your surroundings and being careful, we can help to eliminate pedestrian accidents.