What Are Some of the Most Common Truck Accident Injuries?
Semis pose a very dangerous hazard on the roadway. These large vehicles are often distracted, not paying attention to surroundings and are bigger and heavier then anything else on the road. They are invading our lanes or going to fast for conditions. They have a tendency to cause very serious injuries if and when they strike another motorist. Truck accident injuries are more severe than those suffered in car-on-car accidents.
If you are injured due to the negligence of truck driver, it is very important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney. At Martin Law Office, our nationally recognized attorneys for successful truck litigation are right in your hometown.
If you or a loved on has suffered a truck accident injury, you may be able to seek compensation for the truck driver’s negligence and the harm it causes.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, in 2015, 4,311 large trucks and buses were involved in fatal crashes, an 8-percent increase from 2014.
There are different types of truck accident injuries and they can be catastrophic. If the victim is not killed, they can be left with injuries that can take years to recover from, if ever. If you or a loved one is a victim to a truck accident, the experts at Martin Law Office can help you.
Common injures include:
- Back and Neck Injuries
- This encompasses minor neck pain or whiplash to serious injuries including bulging or herniated disc or fractured vertebrae. Back and neck injuries can leave the victim with lifelong disabilities making it difficult to return to normal activities.
- Broken Bones
- Large, powerful trucks are more likely to cause broken bones than cars.
- Head Injuries
- Head trauma is one of the most serious injuries that can result from an accident with a truck. Concussions, loss of cognitive and motor functions and vision problems are just a few of the issues the victim of a truck accident can suffer from a head injury.
- Internal Injuries
- Blunt trauma can result in internal bleeding and damage to the organs. These are very serious injuries that can be difficult to treat.
- Cuts and lacerations from truck accidents are painful and can lead to scars that may never heal.
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Seat belts protect us, but the force of an accident with a truck can lead to whiplash, neck pain, low back pain and injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries and Paralysis
- If your spinal cord is injured in a truck accident, it can be devastating and can lead to paralysis. If you suffer from a spinal injury in a truck accident or think you may have, it is imperative you seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- Wrongful Death
- Tractor-trailer accidents are 10 times more likely to kill than crashes with other cars. If your loved one is killed in a truck accident, you need an experienced truck accident attorney to help you through this difficult time.
Contact Martin Law Office, Experienced Truck Accident Injury Lawyers
Our law firm will help you or your loved one if you are victim to a truck accident. We are experienced at truck accident litigation and there is no fee unless we win. If you think you have a truck accident injury case, contact us today.