July 7 , 2016 | Car Accidents
It has been said that there are two seasons in Wisconsin: winter and road constuction. Right now we are in the road construction part of the year.
Every year, both construction workers and drivers are involved in accidents that occur in construction zones.
Here are some tips on how to safely drive through a construction zone:
1. Focus on the road.
- Try to eliminate distractions while driving such as talking on the phone or eating.
2. Be prepared for the unexpected.
- The speed limit might be lower, traffic lanes might be closed and people may be working near the road.
3. Obey the speed limit.
- The faster you are traveling, the longer it takes to stop.
4. Give yourself and the other vehicles on the road space.
- Avoid tailgating other vehicles.
5. Be patient and plan ahead.
- Leave early or choose a different route to get to your destination. To get information about the traffic you can check 511 Wisconsin Travel Information.
By being extra careful and observant in construction zones, we can all help to make the roadways safer and avoid costly traffic tickets.
If you or loved love has been injured in an automobile accident, contact Martin Law Office for a free consultation.