Martin Law Office, S.C.
Start Your Free Consultation »
Start Your Free Consultation » 414-856-4010
  1. From

    Kevin Martin began his
    career as a registered nurse. Read More »

  2. To Personal
    Injury Lawyer

    Kevin has a 99.8% success
    rate representing clients. Read More »

  3. Car Accidents

    Don't let time run out
    on your right to recover. Kevin Martin Can Help »

  4. Medical Errors

    Caregiver compassion
    and aggressive advocacy. Start Here »

  5. Nursing Home

    Get your loved one the
    compensation they deserve. Learn How »

Hit By An Uninsured Driver? Now What?

When you suffer injuries in a car accident in Wisconsin, the law provides that negligent parties are liable for the associated costs. This means that if a drunk, distracted or otherwise reckless driver caused the crash, that driver is likely responsible for your medical bills, property damage, lost wages and pain and suffering

A skilled attorney can typically force the negligent driver's insurance provider to pay for these damages through a personal injury claim. However, what happens if the driver who caused your injuries isn't insured or is underinsured? Or, what if you were injured by a hit-and-run driver?

In many cases, a good car accident lawyer can still help you recover the compensation you need and deserve. You may be entitled to compensation through the uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage you carry with your own insurance provider.

Wisconsin drivers are required to carry uninsured motorist coverage of at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident for injury liability. You may carry more. While underinsured motorist coverage is no longer mandatory in Wisconsin, if you carry it, the law requires a minimum coverage of $50,000 per person and $100,000 per accident.

You may also add on personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, which covers expenses beyond those covered by uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, such as lost wages.

Of course, it is very important to recognize that insurance companies do not want to pay out claims unless they absolutely have to do so. Your insurance adjuster is not your advocate, despite how he or she presents things to you.

To ensure you receive full and fair compensation for your car accident-related injuries, it is critical to consult with a reputable attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
BBB Accredited Business Avvo The Best Lawyers in America Super Lawyers NBTA - National Board of Trial Advocacy - Est. 1977 Distinguished AV - LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell - Peer Review Rated For Ethical Standards and Legal Ability

7280 S. 13th Street Suite 102 Oak Creek, WI 53154 Phone: 414-856-4010 Fax: 414-856-2315 Oak Creek Law Office Map